Allen's Psychedelic Breakfast - Sheffield City Hall December 22nd 1970

Démarré par Spike Sunderland, 12 Novembre 2011 à 15:09

Spike Sunderland

Je viens d'acheter chez mon disquaire préféré, le bootleg du 22 Décembre 1970 au Sheffield City Hall à Sheffield nommé :

"Allen's Psychedelic Breakfast" (Allen's ???)

"about this recording....

This album was recorded at the SHEFIELD CITY HALL in Shefield England on December 22nd 1970. This was a very special evening for those who were fortunate enough to be in the audience. This was indeed  an evening of sight and sound featuring the first and only known performance of a very visual piece of music ALLEN'S PSYCHEDELIC BREAKFAST.

Close your eyes as you listen to side one and try to picture what the audience saw on stage that night in december 1970. Eggs beaten and fried on stage.. "and what do you think he's going to do with the sugar?..pour it all into the cup?"

Side two of this album features what has become a Floyd classic CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE EUGENE. This was the fourth song of the set.

We hope you enjoy this truly historic recording. This is not a hi-fidelity recording, but we think you will agree it is A MOMENT IN MUSICAL HISTORY that every Pink Floyd fan should experience."

"Alan's psychedelic breakfast" est pas super super mais intéressant car on peut les entendre en train de battre des oeufs, toucher à des casseroles...on sent une certaine complicité avec le public.

Sinon Careful With That Axe Eugene est vraiment sympa !

...avaient ils vraiment interprétés que ces deux morceaux là ??? parce que je suis un peu déçu.  :(
I guess I'm just like a turtle
That's hidin' underneath its horny shell.

Blue-Berry

Non, c'est un concert normal sauf cette unique interprétation de APB (qui confirme mon sentiment que c'est loin d'être ce que PF a fait de meilleur).
Mon DDE (où y'a mes boots) n'est pas branché actuellement, mais dès qu'il le sera je mettrai ici la setlist complète de ce concert, à moins qu'un(e) autre le fasse avant !
De mémoire, il devait y avoir Atom Heart Mother en quatuor, Set The Controls, certainement Saucerful, Green Is the Colour...
I would have liked to be this
jewish
canadian
poet
who sings Love and its meanders so well.
But by this time I would be dead,
And I would never have
met,
known,
and, above all, loved
You.
So too bad if I'm not this
jewish,
canadian,
poet
It's all right.

ProgFusion

Il existe plusieurs versions de ce concert.

(dont deux sur ce forum je crois...)

Rise And Shine

Alan's Pychedelic X-Mas

A Psychedelic Night I et II

Alan's Psychedelic Master Tape

The Ultimate Breakfast

Allen's Psychedelic Breakfast

Sheffield Master Tapes

etc...

Setlist:

Disc One
Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast (29:32)
Embryo (14:50)
Fat Old Sun (15:18)
Careful With That Axe Eugene (16:13)

Disc Two
Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun (12:38)
A Saucerful Of Secrets (26:31)
Atom Heart Mother (33:29)
Atom Heart Mother (reprise) (2:52)