Pink Floyd - 1974 - BBC Archives

Démarré par roger keith, 26 Janvier 2009 à 17:14

roger keith

BBC Archives 1974 est un bootleg de Pink Floyd sorti le 19 juillet 2007 chez Harveted (HRV-CDR-033). C'est un enregistrement du concert du 16 novembre 1974 à l'Empire Pool de Wembley (Londres) par la BBC, diffusé le 11 janvier 1975 lors du Alan Freeman Show sur BBC Radio 1. Le son est digne d'un live officiel, logique puisque c'est la BBC qui est aux manettes ! Indispensable.

Titres

1. Speak to Me
2. Breathe
3. On the Run
4. Time
5. The Great Gig in the Sky
6. Money
7. Us and Them
8. Any Colour You Like
9. Brain Damage
10. Eclipse
11. Echoes

Téléchargement

Télécharger BBC Archives 1974

roger keith

Le fichier texte distribué avec le bootleg :

Citation de: The Harvested Team

In the spirit of our previous "BBC Archives" series (after "BBC Archives 1967-1969" and "BBC Archives 1970-1971"), Harvested is proud to finally present "BBC Archives 1974"! In 1974, the BBC taped the second set (The Dark Side On The Moon) and the encore (Echoes) of the Floyd performance at Wembley Empire Pool, on November 16. However, Echoes was never broadcast, and for many years only the DSOTM set was circulating from broadcast sources.

In recent years, recordings taken from the BBC pre-FM tapes began to circulate, some of them including the long lost soundboard version of Echoes. However, none of these RoIOs are fully sonically satisfactory in our opinion. Most of them are processed and used some kind of noise reduction, sometimes very slightly (the Sirene releases), and other times more heavily (the Winston remasters, "Time In London") The rare, unprocessed versions currently circulating, like the "FM Pre-Master" Russian bootleg, are pleasant but not without a certain amount of hiss, which reveals that the lineage was not without some generational loss. The hiss from the unprocessed versions available until now is probably one of the reasons why so much NR was used on the various remaster projects.

After much research, Harvested found a superior source, totally unprocessed, with much less hiss than the other unprocessed versions circulating until now. A spectral analysis of the audio file showed that this source was very pure and could be the result of direct transfer from the BBC masters.

However, it is well known that the BBC mastering of that concert sounds rather dry and flat, especially the DSOTM set and our source was no exception. Therefore, we felt this new source needed the "Harvested treatment," in order to make this recording really shine, with good dynamics. The remastering was done very carefully in an attempt to leave the music intact, avoiding NR, dehissing, or any other processing that would generate artifacts. The majority of the remastering work consisted of adjusting the audio levels, balancing the recording when needed, and bringing more clarity and depth by applying specific EQ settings here and there. The final result sounds great to our ears and this version boasts excellent dynamics and a well defined high end without the flaws present on most of the other sources. This CD is free from all NR artifacts, the amount of hiss is minimal, and the low frequency noise that can be clearly heard on all of the currently circulating versions of Echoes (especially during the quiet parts) is not present here.

"BBC Archives 1974" brings you this famous BBC recording in its most complete form (the lines,"I've been mad for f*cking years...," as well as the applause and tuning between Eclipse and Echoes are present), offering the best possible quality for your listening pleasure! "

For those of you who'd like to know how this Harvested version compares with other pre-FM RoIOs from the same concert, comparative analysis is detailed here after.

Enjoy!

The Harvested Team.

Blue-Berry

C'est vrai que je suis tenté de dire que cette version live de Dark Side relègue celle de Pulse au rang d'aimable reprise par un tribute band....
I would have liked to be this
jewish
canadian
poet
who sings Love and its meanders so well.
But by this time I would be dead,
And I would never have
met,
known,
and, above all, loved
You.
So too bad if I'm not this
jewish,
canadian,
poet
It's all right.

ECLIPSE

L'ECLIPSE est de retour pour vous délivrer ce lien (et non pas vous délivrer de vos liens  :lol:) contenant la première partie du concert, également enregistrée par la BBC!! Cette partie contient:
1)Shine on you crazy Diamond (Parmi ses premières versions que le groupe a expérimenté à l'époque en France et GB.)
2)Raving and Drooling 3)You gotta be crazy (Ces deux titres également parmi leurs premières versions.

Difficile de trouver mieux en matière de son pour ces versions des 3 Titres.J'écoute en ce moment et je suis aux anges  :ange:

Enjoy yourself!
Les téléchargement sont en haut à gauche de la page en 'stream" ou "play".Vous allez peut-être avoir quelques difficultés à choper sous le VBR ZIP.Choisissez alors le HTTP ou vous avez les titres directo en MP3

http://www.archive.org/download/http://www.archive.org/details/PinkFloyd-1974-11-16-Wembleyengland
Don't worry, it's only a lifetime....

ECLIPSE

Louis

ca sert plus à grand chose puisque se show sera inclus dans la nouvelle version de DSOTM qui va sortir bientôt. Et en qualité professionnel en plus.

ECLIPSE

La qualité est professionnelle puisqu'enregistrée par la BBC et, de toutes façons, sortie ou pas, ça n'empêche pas de l'apprécier avant... :sifflote:

Louis

roger keith

Le problème de la version officielle est qu'elle est tronqee, sans Echoes. Elle ne remplacera pas le bootleg.

Hereward_The_Wake

Et dire qu'il y a des cons qu'ont acheté l'édition 2011 alors qu'ils auraient pu avoir l'Empire Pool de Nov 74 ici... Mais le toilettage de la première partie (Shine On, Raving et Gotta Be Crazy) est une pure tuerie: voyez les mecs, CA c'est un son d'excellente qualité!!! Au fait, à propos d'Echoes, quel est selon vous le pire mix d'Echoes ? Ecoutez-bien les passages de l'orgue au piano sur la version Meddle, c'est une torture acoustique. Je crois que c'est pour ça qu'ils ont passé autant de temps sur la prod de Dark Side Of The Moon.

Hereward_The_Wake

Il est quand-même pas top le Echoes de Wembley 74 avec le double-tracking de la voix de Gilmour. Le solo de Dick Pary intervient au plus mauvais moment à laplace d'une super partie de guitare.

Blue-Berry

C'est justement ce qui fait son intérêt : proposer une lecture différente de cette pièce déjà mythique alors.
C'est pour ça que les boots, ben on aime ça !
I would have liked to be this
jewish
canadian
poet
who sings Love and its meanders so well.
But by this time I would be dead,
And I would never have
met,
known,
and, above all, loved
You.
So too bad if I'm not this
jewish,
canadian,
poet
It's all right.

Mad Diamond

Tous les liens ne fonctionnes pas...

Gears

On ne touche pas à Lulubelle !

Mad Diamond

Je parlais des liens pour avoir la première partie, avec soycd etc... ^^

steph68

Bonsoir,

Comment fait on pour acceder aux fichiers sur depositfiles, merci d'avance.

++